Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Happy Anniversary! . . . and Day 4

Today is our 20 year wedding anniversary! God in His goodness divinely ordained for David and I to be joined together as husband and wife. David is the most wonderful, kind, loving, godly man I know, and it is my greatest joy to be his partner in life! I love you, David!



He had flowers delivered to the house this morning . . . what a beautiful surprise! He also found out before he left for China that the symbol for 20 years is "China"! That was such an amazing discovery! Once again, God is so personal! So, he's bringing me back a real live "China doll" named Linda!

Here is the update from David. . .

We are having a very mellow day today just hanging out in the hotel room mostly. Linda had another good night's sleep and woke up happy! She has been speaking a lot more in Chinese. It is so cute to hear, but I wish that we could understand what she is saying! I can't wait for the language barrier to be removed!

It is bitter sweet being in China today because it is our 20th year anniversary! God has blessed me so much by giving Debbie to me as my wife and as the mother of our now 5 children! She is amazing, and I love being able to grow together through all that God has been doing in our lives. One thing I found out is that the 20-year anniversary symbol is china! So, being in China and bringing home a special China "present" will be a truly memorable anniversary even though we are separated for another week. 

Linda continues to demonstrate her trust in us. Today she was trusting us more in the swimming pool and was able to overcome the reluctance she was showing yesterday. She even went under the water several times and was having a blast! That was good to see since our family spends a lot of time in the water. 

We really had a relaxing day hanging out around the hotel. It was fun just spending time with Linda without being busy with activities. Our hearts are truly being knit together as we spend more time getting to know each other. Some words to describe her so far are: sweet, fun, silly, easy going, compliant, affectionate, beautiful, and loving.  I can't wait to take her home!

We took her to get her first ice cream with us in China . . . of course, she loved it!





We had hamburgers in the room for dinner. It reminds me of one of the first pictures we saw of her!