Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day 11 - One More Day!

I am so excited that this is the final update before we arrive home!!

Tonight is our last night in China, and although we have had a great time here, we are so excited to finally go home! We miss our family so much!! I appreciate the sacrifice that Debbie, Jake, Dean, and Joy have all made while Mia and I have come to China! This has been the longest we have ever been apart from each other, and I am so thankful that our separation will soon be over!

Of course, we are excited to be reuniting with family and friends, but I am also extra excited about introducing Linda to her mommy, brothers, and sister! We have had some significant bonding time with her in China, and we are so grateful to God for the way she has attached to us. But, this is only the beginning! I know that there are still a lot of uncertainties about how Linda will transition once she is in our home, but from what I know about Linda so far, I am confident that she will lovingly embrace her new family! That is our prayer, and we will trust the Lord to help all of us during the critical days ahead.

Although we have only been with Linda 11 days, Mia and I feel a real connection with her. She does not feel like a stranger who is now just joining our family. She truly feels like she is "one of us," and the short time that we have had with her has been multiplied! She has demonstrated a full range of emotions during our time here, which has been good for us to witness. Overall, her temperament seems to be pretty easy going. She is an observer with new people and situations. She takes a lot in before engaging. New people, new language, new food, new surroundings -- it's a lot for her to take in! It will be interesting to see how she develops within a loving, nurturing, and consistent environment. I can't wait to start the adventure of this new chapter in our family's story!

California here we come!!