Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 10

Today was our appointment at the US Consulate to finalize paperwork for Linda's visa, which means we are very close to going home! We should receive her visa tomorrow, and then everything will be complete. The lady behind the counter said she saw a resemblance between the sisters, Mia and Linda. We have thought that before too . . . there was just something familiar about this little girl from the first time we saw her face. Mia has done such a good job of doing Linda's hair and dressing her. I couldn't have done it without her, and she is such a blessing and good big sister! And Linda adores her!




We finished pretty quickly, so we headed back to Shaiman Island one more time for some final shopping. We snapped a few more pics of Linda with the statues and got her to smile more this time. Everywhere we go people tell us how beautiful she is, and we agree. She also has a beautiful heart, and we pray that God will use her life to bring glory to His name.





At the pool we had a lady ask us if Linda was recently adopted. We thought this was quite a compliment because she just thought that the three us looked like we had been together for a long time. Linda is really starting to feel comfortable and is coming out of her shell more. She does have a shy side and is definitely an observer. But she's willing to try new things and is a good sport. She is a lot of fun and is at a great age! We love to hear her laugh and watch her play, and she is just so happy! My heart is continuing to grow in love with her, and I can't wait for her to get to know her wonderful ma ma!!







Here are some of Mia's thoughts . . .

Linda is absolutely adorable and sweet, and very loveable! I love her so much and I'm having so much fun with her! She is a very happy girl and loves to be silly. I love it when she speaks in Chinese... ( well, I guess that's all she can speak right now) it's so cute! I just wish we could understand her. She'll sometimes get annoyed with me if I am trying to do something to her that she's not happy with, but overall I know she loves me! We're already bonding as sisters, which I am so glad for! She adores Dad too, and it's so sweet watching her with him. I love Lindy so much and I can't wait to go home with her so that she can get to know the rest of the family, who I'm sure she will love! It's been an amazing experience here in China, getting to know the culture which Joy and Linda are from. But I think I'm ready to go home to the familiar and see everyone! Just 2 more days!

Mia loves to take her picture!!!











We finished off the night by eating dinner at a Mexican restaurant. We actually had eaten there last time when we were in China, so we knew the food was good. However, it is pretty funny to eat Mexican food in China! Linda loved the food and enjoyed eating her first enchilada!