Friday, April 5, 2013

Jesus Loves Me

To hear Joy recite the truth of this phrase simply causes my heart to dance with "joy"! To hear her trying to sing the words of "Jesus Loves Me" almost always brings tears to my eyes! Yes, Joy, Jesus does love you! God has given me a love for this child that continues to amaze me.

 "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19
 
My love for Joy struck me so strongly on Easter as I gazed at her, my beautiful, precious child.  I pondered . . .  where was she just 6 months ago? . . .  Where was she a year ago? And now, look at her!

 
She has a family who loves her and who she loves! We have the privilege of telling her about our Savior and His love for her! Her adoption is complete, and she is now experiencing all of the wonderful benefits of what that truly means. She is our child! And we can hardly wait to bring another daughter home, our Linda!
 
"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God!" 1 John 3:1
 
To be called a child of God is such an incredible truth. To be a daughter of the King overwhelms me. To have been adopted by Him is too good for words. I long for the day that my adoption will be fully complete, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever!
 
"I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you." John 14:18