Thursday, April 7, 2016

Still Waiting

Yes, we are still waiting for our I800A approval from immigration. It has been weeks of . . . waiting. I contacted our assigned officer to check in on our status. The good news is that my fingerprints were all fine. However, we were missing one document which had to be added to our home study. I quickly got that document and overnighted it directly to the immigration office. I asked if she could please let us know once she had it in her hands. She promptly told me that she could not do that because it would take time away from the "millions" and then she quickly changed it to "thousands" of other cases she is handling. Oh, if only there were millions or even thousands of precious ones being adopted! So, I humbly accept that all we can do now is . . . wait!


Being "in the process" of adopting is a dance. Sometimes you are moving like crazy, and it is exhausting. Yet, other times you are simply tapping your feet to the music. You long to do something, anything, to feel like you are making progress. But, then you find yourself waiting once again. The adoption can be all consuming at times, and yet most of the time life continues on in a normal rhythm. Then all of a sudden a major milestone is hit, yet another wait for the next one will be right behind it.


The painful part is that she is waiting too, a precious child in need of a family, our precious child. I am gently reminded that she is first His precious child, and He is in the waiting. God has taught me so many things through waiting, and it is always hard to wait. I don't know if anyone ever truly gets good at it. But one thing I have learned is to "be still and know that He is God!" (Psalm 46:10) He is not holding His breath waiting to see how it will all unfold. He has planned it all! I have learned not to pray for the waiting to go away, but I have learned instead to "give thanks in everything"! (1Thessalonians 5:18) So, thank you, Lord, for the waiting! Thank you that you are in control of every circumstance, and you are teaching my heart to trust solely in you! Please protect our baby as she waits too, unaware of the change to come. So innocent and vulnerable! Please use this time to work in our hearts and hers, to unite us together at exactly the right moment.