Friday, February 26, 2016

Fingerprints . . . Finally!

Today we were fingerprinted for the US side of immigration to bring Presley home. We had been checking the mail for the past weeks waiting (somewhat patiently) for our appointment time to arrive. The final document we need to complete our dossier is the I800A form, and the fingerprints are the final component to ensure that we are who we say we are and that we do not have a criminal record. David and I have done this twice before, but this time our two big boys joined us. Anyone over the age of 18 who resides in your home at the time your new child immigrates must also be fingerprinted and checked out with a clear record. Our older children have been so supportive of our adoptions, and it is such a blessing to watch them love and embrace their little sisters!

So, one more milestone reached! Now we are praying for a speedy delivery of our actual approval. We are also praying and trusting that my fingerprints will be accepted. The machine rejected my prints several times today, but the technician used the best ones and assured me that she knows "good prints" when she sees them. I have never had this problem before, and I have been fingerprinted several times in my life due to working with children in many different capacities. I really don't want this to slow us down in the race to get to our little girl. However, it is just one more opportunity to remember that I am not in control. The One who is in control is never late; He is always perfectly on time. He will unite us with our little precious on exactly the day that He has planned. So, I rest assured of this truth! But please fingerprints of mine, don't fail me now!

Fingerprints are such a mystery and such a reminder of the way that God has made each and every person to be unique. I stand amazed at our God, and I am confident that even the simplest detail of our fingerprints have been perfectly and wonderfully made!

"He seals up the hand of every man, that all men whom He made will know it." Job 37:7